Holidays are all about enjoying time with friends and family and being grateful for the blessings in your life. However, there are some pesky expenses that creep up this time of year. If you are traveling to see family or friends prepare yourself for airfare, hotels, and meals outside of the home. If you’re a gift-giver, your out of pocket spending grows with each recipient on your list. Furthermore, if you are hosting friends and family at your home, you will need to buy and prepare food for the festivities.
There is a good reason to take out a Holiday Loan with the Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Credit Union and it’s often overlooked. Hint: There’s a percentage involved. That’s right, the interest rate on your credit card. Before you pull out the plastic, consider how much that interest rate affects the total amount you end up paying for each item on your list. Rather than use a credit card for a big ticket item like airfare or Christmas gifts, our Holiday Loan rates starting at 6.95%* can save you money over time.
A few suggestions on how to use your RMLEFCU Holiday Loan:
- An experience whose memories last longer than the holidays. Why experiences? Most importantly, research has shown they make you happier than consumer goods. You can take a longer trip during the holidays or book a trip for later in the year. We found one traveler who did a three week European tour for $2,500, including hotels and airfare. If you are willing to put in the time and research, you can save money.
- Love where you live with your very own sports bar. Do you entertain? Wish that you had a place where your friends can watch the games? Heck, you’ll save money at home by not buying drinks and food at a bar or restaurant. Use your Holiday Loan to purchase a big screen TV and speakers for surround sound.
- Up your game with new golf clubs. There’s a PGA Superstore in South Denver that will have everything you’d ever need.
- Purchase a new firearm and accessories. Besides the gun itself, it’s a good idea to have spare magazines, ammunition, a gun lock and/or safe, eye protection, and ear protection. It depends on the firearm you select, but having a gun rack is an expense to consider. Check out 5280 Armory to support a local business owner.
- Hit the slopes all season long with a new ski or snowboard set up. If you’re getting fully outfitted you’ll also need a new ski jacket, pants, and boots in addition to a pass. If you go to Colorado Ski & Golf, you may end up covering #3 and #5 at the same time.
With Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Credit Union’s 6.95% APR* Holiday Loan you’ll have up to 12 months to repay. Call our Loan Department at 303-458-6660 or visit rmlefcu.org today to begin the process.
*Annual Percentage Rate. With approved credit. Some restrictions may apply. But don’t delay, this offer is valid from November 1st, 2016 thru December 31st , 2016.