The summer is finally here! It is time to get out of town and go on vacation or just enjoy the summer in the city. Whatever you decide to do this summer, consider these 5 budget hacks for saving some money so you can enjoy your favorite activities even more!
- Drive Green – You don’t need to go out and buy yourself a hybrid to save money on driving. There are many things you can adjust about your driving habits that will save you money. However, if you do need a new vehicle anyway, check out the fuel-efficient options at AutoTrek and check out the great car buying tools in our auto resource center.
- Combine Trips – Combine your errands and think of the most efficient route to cut down on miles driven.
- Lose the Weight – Don’t leave extraneous items in your car. The more weighed down your car, the more energy it takes to get you moving.
- Don’t Resist – Take off Thule boxes and unused rack attachments. The less wind resistance on your car, the better your fuel economy will be.
- Drive the Speed Limit – You should be doing this anyway but if not, try driving the speed limit, it can save you some serious dough.
- Don’t Race Away – Accelerate slowly. The quicker you accelerate, the more fuel your vehicle will use.
- Carpool – The more people you can cram into your car, the less fuel per person!