Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Federal Credit Union understands the value of opening up your first credit card account as a young adult. You’re establishing your creditworthiness early and setting the tone for the soundtrack that is your life. Whether that soundtrack will be “I Wanna Rock n Roll All Night” or “Pressure” is still to be determined. All you know is that your first semester of college is around the corner and you need a few things for your dorm.
Luckily, RMLEFCU offers a 6.75% APR* first-time Visa credit card to purchase these must have items.
Enjoy the following:
- No fee for cash advances or balance transfer
- Competitive rates with no annual fees
- ATM access worldwide
- 25-day grace period to pay for purchases
- Manage your account online
In no particular order, you will need:
- A Darn Good Coffeemaker – Keurigs are top sellers for a reason. One cup at a time, no cleaning up, and all those FLAVORS. We recommend the Keurig K45 Elite for $118.98 on Amazon. But if you’re a purist, purchase a Hamilton 12 cup coffeemaker. It lets you grab a cup in the middle of brewing, is programmable and shuts off after 2 hours.
- Printer –Don’t make it known you have a printer. Once word gets out, you will be making copies for everyone who just “can’t” (read: won’t) make it to the computer lab or library.We recommend a personal Samsung printer that is wireless and can print up to 19 pages per minute.
- A really good laptop bag or laptop backpack –Save your shoulders and even out the weight with a backpack like this.
- A Kindle – In the pre-Kindle days, students would hand over hundreds of dollars for books that were only worth a slice of pizza or two when they sold them back, or were relegated to boxes and dragged along for many moves, filling bookcases to give the impression that their owners are well-read. The technology is there, so use it. Plus, you’ll be lightening up what you carry in #3.
- Headphones – There are an infinite number of scenarios where you’ll want to block out noise while in college and trust us, ear plugs just won’t cut it. Your roommate’s taste in music does not have to be yours when you’re sporting these. They’re comfortable, fashion forward, and each cable has an inline microphone and remote, allowing you to make phone calls, take voice notes, and control music playback on compatible smartphones and MP3 players, such as the iPhone.
There you have it. Use your RMLEFCU first time VISA and you’ll be psyched for your Fall Semester. To be more accurate, you’ll be the over-caffeinated, well-read, tuned in, student with enviable posture, who always turns their papers in on time.
Ask a RMLEFCU employee how to apply TODAY!
*Annual Percentage Rate. With approved credit. Some restrictions may apply.